Tribis commenced operations in the mineral sector in the early 1980s, and has since undertaken significant investment in a range of mineral commodities and projects in Australia and other locations across the globe.
Tribis has been instrumental in discovering and developing deposits and establishing new mines, with key activities including:
- The establishment of substantial new mining operations in Indonesia and South Africa
- The operation and management of gold and silver mines, acquired as a going concern, in South Africa
- Investment in ilmenite and rutile exploration and mining in Western Australia and West Africa - including the proving up through feasibility of the Rotifunk rutile and ilmenite discovery
- Gold and base metals exploration in Australia - leading directly to the founding of Ausgold Ltd and its discovery of a new greenstone gold province around Katanning, Western Australia
- The development from greenfields of a significant epithermal gold and silver mine in Indonesia
- The establishment of BMG Resources Ltd - a direct result of Tribis' early move into iron ore exploration in north Minas Gerais State, Brazil
Together with its partners, Tribis was also responsible for bringing together a team of international experts to carry out an extensive prospectivity study - believed to be the biggest undertaken in Australia to date - for uranium.